HOW TO BECOME A GRAPHIC DESIGNER
In today's job market, having some knowledge of web design is extremely beneficial. Even if you are not a 'web designer' by trade, you will inevitably cross paths with online design at some point in your graphic design career. Many firms require a graphic designer for their daily needs such as designing advertisements, logos, banners, cards etc.
(1) Purchase reputable texts on design fundamentals, then study as though you were taking a course in a good design program. It is important to learn the fundamentals before embarking on a career.
(2) Join a course in Graphic Designing to learn software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc. Learning software is less important than solid design skills, but it needs to be learned also.
(3) Keep observing the designs being featured in newspapers, magazines, hoarding etc.
(4) Research popular fonts and design styles. Make sure anyone under the age of eighty can read it without their glasses.
(5) Further your education. Really interested in Graphic Design? Consider some classes or a degree program. Academic settings can be inspiring and networking with others in your field is always a good thing.
(6) Read graphic design focused books. They can be really helpful and will speed up the process of your education.
(1) The two main pathways to becoming a Graphic Designer are through a school or by self study.
(2) Always remember that creativity is the best source to improve your design.
(3) No design appeals to everyone, so research what your target market is likely to find appealing. Research is 3/4s of design.
(4) Don't be afraid to be different from the rest of us and visually explore refreshing ways to reinterpret existing styles (particularly if you studied your design principles well — always remember where you came from to know where you're going). You never know who the next creative vanguard will be.
(5) Try to find a certain unique style. When people see your designs, they will recognize and know that it is your work, this will help you very much.
OUR PARTNERS IN PRINT SCHEME LEVEL ONE
IF after you have read the above tips or any of the articles on our site, and you are interested in becoming a Graphic Designer, Join Angel Design and Print's Partners in Print Scheme Level One. ITS FREE TO JOIN and it could help you to get started. This is a fantastic opportunity for all those Graphic Designers still at college to earn generous commissions whilst learning Graphic Design. YOU DO THE DESIGN, WE DO THE PRINT, YOU GET YOUR COMMISSION.